Lighting in a Smart Home works best when automated, or with simple rules applied:
- Outside lights can come on at dusk every day of the year and go off at midnight.
- If you get up in the middle of night a rule can say that the lights come on at 25% brightness – no more shielding your eyes, being half-blinded and waking other people up
- Holiday mode turns lights on and off to make your home look occupied
- If you come home after dark the lights can all come on together, lighting your way to the kitchen
- Dim the lights when your movies start playing and turn them back on if you stop or pause the movie
No more rude awakenings from your alarm clock – you can be woken gently in the mornings with your lights slowly increasing up in brightness over 20 minutes and the radio, tv or music slowly getting louder to gently ease you in to your day.